Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gas Foods


Dear Nurse Annie,
My baby is still crying. I am so exhausted. My mother says I could be eating something that is hurting my son. I am so tired I want to quit breast feeding.
What can I do?
Exhausted Ethel.

Dear Ethel,
I am sorry this problem continues.
I would encourage you to review your diet before you quit breastfeeding.
Foods the mother eats that may add to gas in babies
Acid foods: Tomatoes, citrus, vinegar, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, peppers, cucumbers, garlic, onion .
Allergies: If you are allergic to a food it is a good idea to avoid it. Examples: Cow’s milk, fish, eggs, wheat, citrus.
Just eating less of these foods may help.
I know you are tired Ethel. Do keep me up to date on how you are doing.
Nurse Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment