Thursday, May 3, 2012

Breakfast: A Trail Mix Walk


Dear Nurse Annie,

Thank you for supporting me and not trying to make me eat a big, heavy breakfast. Everyone else I have talked with pushed morning protein. It just smells bad.

I did ask the coffee place about the additives in the coffee. They said corn syrup was one. Is this bad? I have been adding only half and half. I am coming to like this and do not have the intense need to eat in about 90 minutes.

I do have a break at work in the morning and like to walk outside for a few minutes. I would like to take a snack with me that I could eat while I walk. Any suggestions?
 Hungry Francis.

Dear Francis,

It certainly sounds like you are making progress.

In answer to your coffee question. Many folks do react to corn syrup. Since you are not using it and do feel better you may avoid it for a while. I agree with half and half. You might transition to a lower fat creamer in a few months.

As to snacking when you walk, you might look the trail mixes over in the store or snack bars and see what you like. You could carry these in your pocket and use a few different ones until you decide what you like.

You might  eat a few nuts, fruit and veggies. Avoid sugars and excess fats for breakfast.

Sure sounds like you are making progress, Francis.

Let me know how you are doing.

Nurse Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment